All Arri Alexa News!

georg lamshöft

• Premium Member
www.fdtimes.com They have a quite comprehensive article about ALEXA.
Right, Georg. Jon Fauer, ASC has released a special edition of his excellent "Film and Digital Times" devoted entirely to Alexa from ARRI. In addition to tracing the history of the creation of this camera, there is a complete and very well illustrated story about its production studios in the heart of ARRI Munich. You can download the PDF in high resolution here. Enjoy !

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an engineer I was a little bit disappointed not to see more about component manufacturing (e.g. machining and in-house casting processes!) and more about assembly - but as said it's not an production manual.

I think it becomes clear that this is not a simple product that cannot be manufactured by any sweatshop.

• Premium Member

Sorry for my English.

Please, don't worry about it. Your English is really quite good. There are a great many people who were born and raised here in the USA who don't know English as well as you do.

-- J.S.

Georg, I'm actually one of these developers working on Alexa in Nuremberg. Drop me a message when you happen to be around, we can meet for a beer.

Richardson is a great DOP, looking forward to what he will do with Alexa and how it's going look with his trademark lighting style..

Greetings

Marc