For Sale: Super 16mm Bolex EBM w/2x 400ft Mags+Motors

Elliot Rudmann

For sale is a Bolex H16 EBM camera, professionally converted to the Super 16 format by JK Camera (jkcamera.com) with 13x viewfinder and 1.78/ 16x9 HD groundglass. The camera is in excellent condition, and it is ready to shoot. No problems, no hassles, it will be ready to shoot the second you own it. In July 2008, it was professionally serviced by Dieter Schafer at Procam (a Bolex factory-authorized service facility). I have documentation to prove this.

The Bolex EBM uses an electronic motor, and unlike the wind-up bolexs that only let you shoot for about 25-30 seconds, this motor allows you to film non-stop, which makes it an excellent choice if you’re shooting long takes. Camera also shoots at 10, 18, 24, 25, and 50 fps speeds.

No more than 2000 ft have ran through the camera since its service. Here are two links to some footage I shot with the camera -

http://vimeo.com/10424494

http://vimeo.com/4427598

Accessories that come with the camera:

2x 400ft Bolex Magazines – converted to Super 16mm by JK camera

2 Bolex MM magazine motors – motor that drives the 400’ magazine.

2 rollers in the camera for when you use the 400’ mag. You take them out when you want to use 100’ daylight spools.

1 Bayonet to C-mount lens adapter; so you can use normal Bolex c-mount lenses.

1 handgrip with fresh battery cell. Holds a powerful charge. There is a small crack in the plastic handgrip, but it does not affect performance or the ergonomics of the camera. It is very easy to handhold!

1 extra battery cell - doesn’t hold a charge as long as the other battery, could need to be recelled.

2 AC-powered battery chargers

lens port cover cap

2 400’ magazine throat cover caps

1 magazine port cover cap (for when you don't use the 400ft mags).

***No lenses included*** - I do have a Bolex-Bayonet to Canon FD lens adapter available (shown in the pictures) that I would sell separately.

Asking price: $2200

Let me know if you're interested, I'm in the Chicago area. I'm sad that I have to sell this camera, but I just need the money.

PICS:

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...