Arri 535B magazine jam

I am currently working with an Arri 535B and it's usual coaxial magazines. It's a 35mm weekend course for cinematography students and it's their first time loading and threading.

We have had some film jam problems within the magazine, to a point that now the film will not pull through.

Although it does have a bright sticker that says "do not open", I was wondering if anyone had any diagrams as to how to access the internal mechanism to be able to clean it.

I haven't found anything in any of the manuals I have and from the 535B there only seems to exist a Quickguide, not a full manual like with other models such as de 435.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you don't know what you are doing, don't mess with it. It sounds like a sprocket or gear is mis-aligned so you should have it serviced even if you are mechanically inclined.

There is one area you should feel comfortable with checking if you haven't already. There is a metal insert that acts as a pass thru for the film, and you can pull that out easily by just pressing a little switch. Oftentimes the jam will end up there. If that isn't it, then yes, I would have it serviced.

There is one area you should feel comfortable with checking if you haven't already. There is a metal insert that acts as a pass thru for the film, and you can pull that out easily by just pressing a little switch. Oftentimes the jam will end up there. If that isn't it, then yes, I would have it serviced.

That is true but I was referring to the part that said, "Do Not Open."

That is true but I was referring to the part that said, "Do Not Open."

No, no, I got ya. I just remember when I was first starting out not even realizing that was an accessible area until someone showed me at a checkout. Just wanted to point out that it is safe and easy to open that part, and that it is meant for that in case they didn't realize. Tom is right that if it is anything more, send it to a tech.