jvc HD100 Vs. Canon 5D Mark II

warner brown

Guest Trevor Swaim
I love my old HD100 (bought in 2005) but I'm thnking about selling it and getting the Canon 5D Mark II, it's pretty cool. I'm conflicted, what do you guys think?

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...fcategoryid=139

I had an HD110 and had a love hate relationship with it. I have not used a 5dmk2 but i have used a 7D quite a bit. IMO if you are doing projects for money then keep the JVC. It is a proper video camera, its not trying to be something its not. If you are just shooting stuff for yourself or ultra low budget films then I would still keep the JVC until this winter when the Panasonic AF100 is released, if it is half the camera that Jan Crittendon-Livingston (Panasonic product line business manager) says it will be it will be the video DSLR Killer.

In short, keep the JVC. At least for now.

Edited by Trevor Swaim

I had an HD110 and had a love hate relationship with it. I have not used a 5dmk2 but i have used a 7D quite a bit. IMO if you are doing projects for money then keep the JVC. It is a proper video camera, its not trying to be something its not. If you are just shooting stuff for yourself or ultra low budget films then I would still keep the JVC until this winter when the Panasonic AF100 is released, if it is half the camera that Jan Crittendon-Livingston (Panasonic product line business manager) says it will be it will be the video DSLR Killer.

In short, keep the JVC. At least for now.

Thanks, I think I will keep it..the footage I've shot sofar is nice (though there is a blue hue over everything) with true Color V3, assuming I need to recalibrate it. The AF100 does look very promising.