unidentified

By the way, I did remove some wires, a satchel, and helmet in post..incase you were thinking i actually threw my actor off a building (which i'd love to do! :rolleyes: )

Edited by warner brown

• 3 weeks later...

Production Diary. 5/19/10

Editing has come to a halt. my powerbook G4, which I've had for 5 years has conked out on the monitor. until I get a new display I haven't been able to edit. So I've found myself back in the PC world..reacclimating myself to the troubleshooting I was so fond of not having on a Mac. Nostalgia & good times..until I can raise the money to get a new mac, I've been able to jump back into Maya/Mental Ray/HDRI to rust up on my somewhat intermediate VFX skills. It's refreshing in a way to sort out all these kinks now, so that I won't have to worry about them later..that said, it's disconcerting to know I have one scene in the can that I can't edit. I'm thinking about the footage, and how fast we shot some of it. once I get the "indislide" I should go back to the city with my actor and reshoot some things. You can correct alot in post, make shaky shots smooth etc. I'd rather just do it right the next time rather than rush.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Looks like you are working hard on it. You might consider posting a synopsis of your project to help put your images in context.

I liked the direction you were going in with "Breathe" by the way.

Thanks Vincent, I appreciate that.

It's a challenge as I have until August 8th for a 3 minute version for Ridley Scott's "Parallel Lines" contest. (link)

I was thinking whether to post a synopsis before. I get concerned someone will steal the concept. Another guy said it's better to put it out there when the film is finished. What do you guys think?

I also like to keep it under wraps so it doesn't spoil things. One aspect of the plot though deals with corporate espionage. I like how Nolan kept "Inception" & even "dark knight" very secret for a long time, so as not to spoil it.

He spoke in the press conference about that. I agree. I love to go see a movie and not know much about it, then be surprised.. Otherwise things can get taken for granted you know? but it does depend on what kind of movie you're making too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Well if you don't want to post what it's about, that's fine. I was curious what was going on in that first grab. It does look interesting and I have a hard time figuring out exactly how it was done although there isnt much info to go on. Why aren't you working with a DP on your stuff? Films are made by lots of people. ;)

Well if you don't want to post what it's about, that's fine. I was curious what was going on in that first grab. It does look interesting and I have a hard time figuring out exactly how it was done although there isnt much info to go on. Why aren't you working with a DP on your stuff? Films are made by lots of people. ;)

Hey Vincent, here is the

that reveals a bit more.

To answer, I did 'breathe' by myself. fx, sound, shooting,etc to prove wrong the notion that films have to be made by 10 or more people. I got so tired of hearing that in college :) With this short, it's more of a collaboration which is much funner. I've found 3 great vfx guys online who are helping with some shots. I'd like to find someone who is far more capable than me for DP work. but for now I like holding the camera ;)

Edited by warner brown

• 4 weeks later...

In the rush coordinating things to get done, I made a mistake on ONE word in the script. my actor said "what is it?" when the line was supposed to be "what is that?" Phillips informed me, but I was asleep due to the central european time difference. When I woke up and saw it, their 1700 hrs had passed! I about cried but didnt give up. had to find my actor, ADR, export/upload/process. So it was super late, but they graciously accepted it.

now I can rest easy, assemble life back together. Never smoked so many cigarettes in my effing life :P