lighting a studio

Hi. Soon I will be working on a studio and the show will be a comedy based on sports tv shows where there's a host and a few guests sitting there.

I'm sure that the lighting can be as simple as possible, there will be a studio, basic background and I have the freedom to light it as I want. But I think that this is exactly what makes it harder: where to start?

I've never had a lot of studio practice, so I would like to ask you for some help.

I've thought about using 2k chimeras as frontal keylights, basic fill, but my challenge is to have some contrast in the faces and avoid shadows on backgrounds and floor. What would you go for? Maybe a big chimera balloon in the center with flags to prevent spill?

What about backlighting, what is recommended? maybe mixing color temperatures? use a different one for backlight?

Thanks,

Julio

If its just a round table discussion when will you ever see the floor? Depending on the height of the studio you can use kinos or chimeras as a fill then as a backlight for interviews I usually snoot a pepper and throw some opal on there. Is your background going to be a lightly colored wall, have windows to the outside, or is it a greenscreen?