Surf Shots - New Ekta 64T Test Reel, With Notations

Greg Baumann

Hey board - Here's a reel shot at Rincon with the Beaulieu 4008ZM4 using Ektachrome 64T. I ran the camera through every setting I could think of, and you will see in the video notations with each take indicating what I had the camera doing. I post this mostly so other newbies can see the results of tweaking the settings as they watch the reel play. Enjoy ...

http://www.spatoutinglory.com/entries/2010...rom-a-to-b.html

• Premium Member

Not to bring up a downer, but I noticed that once you open up more than 5.6, you start to get some exposure vignetting. The exposure vignetting can be seen as a thin crescent moon shadow effect on both the left and right side edges of the frame.

Has your beaulieu camera been modded to shoot in the HD aspect ratio? The simple solution is to not transfer to the very edge of the frame on either side when you transfer, and to remember that when you are shooting. The vignetting is not horrible, but ideally you don't want to see it at all.

Not a worry! No mods on the camera. The vignetting is an imperfection I will chalk up to "charm." Thanks for the critique tho. Appreciate the sharp eyes.

Not to bring up a downer, but I noticed that once you open up more than 5.6, you start to get some exposure vignetting. The exposure vignetting can be seen as a thin crescent moon shadow effect on both the left and right side edges of the frame.

Has your beaulieu camera been modded to shoot in the HD aspect ratio? The simple solution is to not transfer to the very edge of the frame on either side when you transfer, and to remember that when you are shooting. The vignetting is not horrible, but ideally you don't want to see it at all.

Edited by Greg Baumann