Panascout app

Hi all,

Couldn't find any reference of it with the search (apologies if i've missed it), but there's a panavision "panascout" app available for the iphone to assist with scouting locations.

In a nutshell it superimposes a "panaframe" over the iphone camera and records some useful sunset/ sunrise and location information which you can then email/ add voice notes and add other notes as metadata.

I found it rather useful today whilst out and about

According to the faq's on the website they're working on further functionality

Just thought i'd flag it up in case anyones going on a recce and missed it

Charles

• Premium Member
Hi all,

Couldn't find any reference of it with the search (apologies if i've missed it), but there's a panavision "panascout" app available for the iphone to assist with scouting locations.

In a nutshell it superimposes a "panaframe" over the iphone camera and records some useful sunset/ sunrise and location information which you can then email/ add voice notes and add other notes as metadata.

I found it rather useful today whilst out and about

According to the faq's on the website they're working on further functionality

Just thought i'd flag it up in case anyones going on a recce and missed it

Charles

I saw that and it does seem quite nice. I already have artemis and helios (and a direct line to the developers so I can pass along ideas) so I can't see buying it.

• Premium Member

I should rephrase what I said. It seems like a good value. I like the way that artemis and helios work better, but those together are a lot more money than panascout.

• Premium Member

We've been using Artemis a lot on the feature I'm on right now, and I'm hearing a lot about Panascout. I still haven't switched to the iphone though, so I don't have either. Does anyone know if these are available on android?

• 2 months later...