I'd like to recommend this DP.

Pfffft! Go Timmy! Film is such a dinosaur technology already. All the cool kids shoot RED / DSLRs. No one would like to be caught dead threading up a film camera: "What is this? Like, my parents' film camera or something?"

It's sad to think that I am the last generation to touch and load a film camera even though I am a wize with HD. And I am sorry but even if your still shooting with the RED you still need a AC no one's that good. And I like how you put in caps (RED ONLY) so I take it he can't shoot with a Panasonic HPX300,2700,3000,3700, Arri D21, or Sony F23? I can get an HVX200 and move you too. It's not the camera it's the person behind it and knowing how to use it. I am not bad mouthing the DP cause he does have a great reel but those are just certin things I saw while reading the other replys.

And here's the FB page. Funny stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/dpredwizard

It's sad to think that I am the last generation to touch and load a film camera even though I am a wize with HD. And I am sorry but even if your still shooting with the RED you still need a AC no one's that good. And I like how you put in caps (RED ONLY) so I take it he can't shoot with a Panasonic HPX300,2700,3000,3700, Arri D21, or Sony F23? I can get an HVX200 and move you too. It's not the camera it's the person behind it and knowing how to use it. I am not bad mouthing the DP cause he does have a great reel but those are just certin things I saw while reading the other replys.

The original post was a joke. This guy is making fun of people who's moms buy them cameras and then call themselves DP's.

And here's the FB page. Funny stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/dpredwizard

Haha loving the 'DP Tips'.. "Timmy Rubensteiners' DP Tip #6: When there is a debate about whether the 180 line has been crossed, always argue the opposite of everyone else. If you're right, you'll be a hero. If you're wrong no one will remember anyways and they'll just flip it in post."

I was going to order one of the shirts but they won't be available till 2013 maybe

check them out they rock they are lots better than the I'm with Arri Shirts.

http://www.cafepress.com/momboughtmeared

Those shirts are great!

While obviously a work of fiction, I'm sure when your college fees are so astronomical, buying a (used?) Red & some Nikon glass is probably not too much of a stretch for many American film students, right?

• 1 month later...

I love it! If I were a producer, I would sign a check and let him write in any amount he finds reasonable, then I would double it. You have to pay for that kind of talent.

• 2 weeks later...