Rich Kalinsky says "Hi"

Hi...I've been lurking here for years. I tried unsuccessfully to register a few times...

My name has come up many times, as I was the owner of Raw Stock Inc., and I've sold millions of feet of film.

As some of you know, I recently became the East Coast representative of Fujifilm USA.

It was an exciting opportunity that I couldn't pass up, although I do miss the folks that used to sell to me and buy from me.

I know it sounds like a cheap plug, but, surprisingly, sales of Fujifilm are actually going up in this declining marketplace...maybe it's the stock, maybe the price, probably a combination of both.

I've never been a technical expert, but I always made sure my shipments arrived on time at a good price...so that's my starting point for my new adventure.

I can still be contacted at my old phone numbers and email address (recans@aol.com), or you can email me at rkalinsk@fujifilm.com (no "y" at the end of my name in the email address...)

Feel free to send me a note or call with questions, recommendations, information, or just to say "Hi!"

Thanks! Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Turned out to be a blue sky day. Shot DAY - INT, 90% natural light, with the 85 filter, and 1/3 stop extra for a rating of 120asa. I am blown away by the shoulder of this film. Please let me do an ad for why it makes sense to shoot your low-budget short on 35mm!

Here's the perfect question for you, since you seem to be the goto guy for Fuji now (congratulations!):

What is the possibility of getting Fuji's elusive Neopan B/W 16mm film distributed here in the U.S.?

Now that Kodak has us down to one B/W reversal stock and one negative, there just might be a market for it! We've lost Plus-X, so could Neopan be in the future...?

Exactly where is it sold these days? Fuji makes it sound mysterious....

Here's the perfect question for you, since you seem to be the goto guy for Fuji now (congratulations!):

What is the possibility of getting Fuji's elusive Neopan B/W 16mm film distributed here in the U.S.?

Now that Kodak has us down to one B/W reversal stock and one negative, there just might be a market for it! We've lost Plus-X, so could Neopan be in the future...?

Exactly where is it sold these days? Fuji makes it sound mysterious....

There's really no demand for Black and White stocks as far as I can tell. From a business perspective, and Fuji and Kodak are businesses, even if all the folks on the petitions actually ordered significant amounts of stock, it would still barely be a spit in the ocean.

If I were into the discontinued stock and really wanted them, I'd call the dealers worldwide, and buy whatever I could find and store it.

If the plus X stocks were gone, I'd learn to use the other B and W stocks or experiment with color neg.