A Guy That Posted Here A Lot

Justin Hayward

• Premium Member

I’m shocked by this whole thing and I understand why Tim locked the thread by Paul’s wife, but maybe a thread dedicated to him is appropriate… (Lock it if you disagree Tim)

Because, man… he was posting here only a couple weeks ago.

Paul Bruening

• Premium Member

I’m shocked by this whole thing and I understand why Tim locked the thread by Paul’s wife, but maybe a thread dedicated to him is appropriate… (Lock it if you disagree Tim)

Because, man… he was posting here only a couple weeks ago.

Paul Bruening

Tim locked the thread because there is a chance that it is a hoax (based on the IP address of the post), I think he's looking into it. So let's just wait to see what Tim finds out.

• Premium Member

Another obit that confirms it's true:

http://oxfordeagle.com/category/obituaries/

I think John Pytlak of Kodak was the last major contributor here to pass away, unless someone between John and Paul died and we never heard about it, they just seemed to stop posting.

I wonder how far Paul was along in his 2-perf feature.

I'm in Texas right now -- the last time I was here was for "The Quiet" in 2004, and I remember getting the news while I was there that Neal Fredericks, a friend of mine and occasional poster here, died on a film shoot. He was only in his thirties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I wonder how far Paul was along in his 2-perf feature.

I wondered that too. What if you pass in the middle of a very personal project? Who finishes it? Maybe it’s best it doesn’t get finished. I don’t know….

It’s just really sad. Such a freak'n drag.

• Premium Member

I wondered that too. What if you pass in the middle of a very personal project? Who finishes it? Maybe it’s best it doesn’t get finished. I don’t know….

Perhaps some of us could look into that. And on a practical note, perhaps we could help make sure that Karen doesn't get ripped off on the sale of his gear.

-- J.S.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Oh, that's a shame. Paul was always posting interesting things.

I second John's notion that someone should try to help her sell his gear for a reasonable price. There are many people here that could help with that.