Buy my Arri 2C!

Guest Sean McVeigh

Guest Sean McVeigh

I'm going to eBay this in the next week, but figured I'd post it here first...

-Arri 2C body w/ std. mount turret

-V/S handgrip motor

-High hat

-2 400' mags

-4 cooke primes SII/SIII: 18mm, 25mm, 50mm, 75mm (all are around F2.0-2.2)

-2x 12V 7AH batteries + packs + chargers

-Matte box

-3 glass filters - unsure of designations, but appear to be yellowish + ND3/6/9 perhaps. never used them.

-cables

-may even throw in my home-built digital tachometer which interfaces at the inching knob (built an intervalometer too if you're interested)

-Copy of factory repair manual

-Copy of original camera manual in german (w/ an english insert)

-Will throw in my poor-old broken 35-140mm angenieux zoom w/ case. The mount was broken, but I refiled it to fit again. Zoom element shifts halfway through zoom range. May be repairable. (previous owner threw it in for free.. indicated that it was dropped down a 3 storey fire escape). I have managed to shoot footage with it zoomed fully one way or the other, and I don't see any problems with the images.

I've owned the camera for close to a year and have only run maybe 2500 feet of film through it. I can show some of the results if desired. Everything looks great.

Other points of note.. the previous owner didn't give me any of the body/lens-port caps, so I just fashioned my own for it. The tachometer is out of calibration, but I've measured the error, and it is constant across the entire range at -26%. Not an insurmountable problem.. you just need to do some math :) Also, as indicated, I did build a digital tach for the camera, so this has been a non-issue for me.

Anyways.. make me an offer if you're interested. Like I said, it produces great images, but I'm moving up to a newer sync camera and my local film co-op has just bought their own 2C. Makes no sense for me to hold on to it since I can borrow the same camera from them if I ever need to. Plus, need the cash to cover the 5-figure cost of the new kit :)

Cheers,

Sean

Guest Sean McVeigh

Well, I'm no longer in a hurry to sell this camera. Seems my upgrade plans were just abruptly cut short.

I'll still entertain offers though, if anyone is looking to pick up a 2C.