Palm Pixie Commercial Technique

The style of this commercial is beautiful, but more specifically, does anyone know how they executed these camera moves? I've seen this technique before with a camera magically attached to a car, but nothing is actually holding onto the car (which the rig was presumably rotoscoped out), but I can't understand how they could achieve this. I've looked everywhere online for any BTS, but have found nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcnH0h69NY

Just a guess but the fact both the foreground and background are jump cutting all the time sets up the viewer not to be jarred to much when the necessary cuts are made...

So when we see the hands holding the phone that is likely motion stabilised/comped footage over the background you see, this is tracked and cut into the next shot (the rotational shot of the phone user) so the phone is coincidental from shot to shot - notice how we're always fixated on the phone ? ...

Whenever it really worked well they used that in the longer segments - whenever it didn't work that well they used these sequences in the choppy parts :P

Would be nice to Get Tube it and go frame by frame - that's for you to do ;)

• 2 weeks later...