Minolta Autopak D12

Vicnaut

Hey guys,

im very new and proud owner of a Minolta Autopak D12, i got it just a couple of days ago with 2 rolls of kodak vision200T. The camera looks to be in very good condition and everything seems to work just fine. What i dont get is the lightmeter (not sure if its broken)

When i put the camera on Automatic mode (without film loades) nothing happens with the meter, its doesnt move. I have even tried to load one of the Vison2 rolls, but still the meter is not movin.

When i have the camera on manual, i can change the variable shutter control, but still it doesnt seem to react to light.

As u might notice im very novice and its my firts time ever with a Super 8 camera...so be gentle. =D

What can i be doing wrong, does it have anything to do with loadin the film or is just that the light meter is broken?

Im thankful for any kind of help i can get on this...

Best regards from stockholm

Victor

Hi Victor,

I have a minolta d10 which i think is the same but has a different lens. It also has lightmeter issues, its their weak point. spent alot of time and effort trying to fix it. Put in fresh batteries load a film and check meter outside in daylight. if you get no response, get yourself a canon 814e and move on.

something on this japanese site http://www.nakanocam.com/8mm_page/minoltad12eerepa.html

Make sure the switch on the side is on A and not l. its a lightmter lock switch

Hey Ian.

thanx for the quick reply, even though its not really what i wanted to hear...

There are new batteries inside and ive check with and without film in daylight. When i switch the camera On/off the meter moves from one side to the other but it doesnt react/move to light. Is there really no way to fix the meter if its busted?

Also, what switch do you mean....i dont see any that has A and I on it....just the A and M?

Again, thanx for the reply Ian

Hey Ian.

Also, what switch do you mean....i dont see any that has A and I on it....just the A and M?

thats difference in the cameras, A for auto and m for manual, d10 has no manual , just an aperture lock. make sure yours is on A. post-46094-12760880047779.jpg good luck with it, its got a beautiful lens on it, just electronically not that reliable. Last chance give the dial a few turns to see if it loosens up the aperture in M mode.

post-46094-12760879495504.jpg

So, think i have tried everything now and that dame lightmeter is dead..im gonna be looking for anyone that might be able to fix it, but i think thats going to be a mission impossible or a very expensive one at least.

My question now is; Does it work to film without the lightmeter working? I guess on Auto mode the camera wont be able to know whats going on with the light (even though it would be intresting to know what would happen) but on Manual mode im able to change the aperture and set the shutter myself...so with a external "working" lightmeter i should be able to get a "correct" exposure. Or does the electronics behind the lightmeter somhow interfear with the Manual mode to?

Maybe a very stupid question, but i had to ask...=D

//

Vic

So, think i have tried everything now and that dame lightmeter is dead..im gonna be looking for anyone that might be able to fix it, but i think thats going to be a mission impossible or a very expensive one at least.

My question now is; Does it work to film without the lightmeter working? I guess on Auto mode the camera wont be able to know whats going on with the light (even though it would be intresting to know what would happen) but on Manual mode im able to change the aperture and set the shutter myself...so with a external "working" lightmeter i should be able to get a "correct" exposure. Or does the electronics behind the lightmeter somhow interfear with the Manual mode to?

Maybe a very stupid question, but i had to ask...=D

//

Vic

Yes, use it with an external meter. Do a few tests before shooting anything important as you may have to adjust from the reading a little. For example, if your light meter says f4, you might need to open a bit toward 2.8 to account for light loss in the lens etc.

Rick

Yes, use it with an external meter. Do a few tests before shooting anything important as you may have to adjust from the reading a little. For example, if your light meter says f4, you might need to open a bit toward 2.8 to account for light loss in the lens etc.

Rick

http://super8data.com/database/manuals_list/minolta_autopak8_d10/minolta_autopak8_d10_30.jpg got the shutter speeds.