What kind of Bottom Shelf for Magliner

I have a magliner Jr with a top shelf. I am looking to add a bottom shelf but am debating between

1. this popular 24"x36" carpeted and lipped standard shelfs

2. A Carpeted, flat (no lip) shelf

3. Cheapest, flat (no lip), metal shelf

Soemtimes the lip on the bottom shelf gets annoying when moving heavy cases on and off, but it does help keep them from bouncing or sliding off. Does anyone have an experience with any of these that they'd be willing to share to help me decide?

Edited by Michele Peterson

I built a bottom shelf out of plywood. I trimmed the edges with aluminum U-channel for durability, and epoxied a layer of vinyl rubber runner material on top. You can get that by the foot at Home Depot or whatever, it's got this ribbed texture so it's non-slip. I like that I can load heavy cases on and off the bottom shelf easily without dealing with a lip, but at the same time, the rubber surface holds cases in place and I've never had anything slip off the bottom shelf.

post-4371-12761990571872.jpg

I built a bottom shelf out of plywood. I trimmed the edges with aluminum U-channel for durability, and epoxied a layer of vinyl rubber runner material on top. You can get that by the foot at Home Depot or whatever, it's got this ribbed texture so it's non-slip. I like that I can load heavy cases on and off the bottom shelf easily without dealing with a lip, but at the same time, the rubber surface holds cases in place and I've never had anything slip off the bottom shelf.

Very Nice. I'll most likely replicate yours. Thanks so much for sharing!