I need advice for a project

Hello,

As I always say, sorry for my poor english…

This summer I have a short film in outside location (forest) as director of photography. We most probably will use Panasonic AG-HVX200E. I would have preferred film in autumn/winter to get a softer look like “The Village” and not have problems with contrast but the dates are a imposition. And I have some doubts…

At first, I will put aperture as open as possible, with the help of camera’s ND (1/8 reduces 3 stops and 1/64 6 stops, right?) or ND filters to have more control. I would also use a polarizing filter but, how true is that it ruins the image if there is movement? Because will be a lot of handheld camera…

Another thing. I want to conceal the appearance of the video as far as possible. I thought about lowering the detail in camera. Is better use a diffusor filter like black promist 1/8?

I remember that I could not change settings like chroma level or color temp in camera with preset balance (you could change settings, but did not apply). I forgot if this affect to gamma too. Things like chroma I don’t care (postproduction is my friend) but obviously, is imperative that I can choose the gamma. I can’t do my own daylight balance and stored in memory because I will not have ligths.

And I think that's all.