Scouting for young cinematographer

Drew Ott

Hello!

I'm producing a feature film that will be made by a core team of very young people (under 21). The film will have a budget of around $100,000 and likely be shot in Austin, TX. I'm scouting the internet for the best young DP in the world. If you or somebody you know are this person, please send me an email and let me know!

This will be produced in a very experimental way. The team of young people will live in a house together for 2-4 weeks during preproduction, spend a month during production, then the director and editor will spend 1-2 months editing. A documentary film will be made simultaneously about the efforts of the inexperienced but talented team.

This project is in its early stages, but finding the core team is the starting place.

We are also still scouting for an editor, production designer, and sound designer/mixer.

Thanks,

Drew Ott

Hello!

I'm producing a feature film that will be made by a core team of very young people (under 21). The film will have a budget of around $100,000 and likely be shot in Austin, TX. I'm scouting the internet for the best young DP in the world. If you or somebody you know are this person, please send me an email and let me know!

This will be produced in a very experimental way. The team of young people will live in a house together for 2-4 weeks during preproduction, spend a month during production, then the director and editor will spend 1-2 months editing. A documentary film will be made simultaneously about the efforts of the inexperienced but talented team.

This project is in its early stages, but finding the core team is the starting place.

We are also still scouting for an editor, production designer, and sound designer/mixer.

Thanks,

Drew Ott

hy my name is reynald capurro.

i've just read your post and i'm quite curious to know a little bit more about your project. especially about the script and the support (35mm or hd?)

i'm a young french director of photography (33 years old). i've already been in texas for my first job as camera operator. it was for a documentary about death penalty.

i speak english fluently of course.

this is my web site: www.reynaldcapurro.com

i'm about to have a new website in few weeks in order to have all the last commercials and short i've shot.

take care, reynald.

Hello!

It is illegal to include age in a job requirement. Just sayin'...

• Premium Member

Also:

We get quite a few of these "we'll all live together and make a film, it'll be great" posts. And I do get it. I get the idea. It's a lovely idea. A bohemian idyll of creative communality.

The problem is that it doesn't work like that. The things you see on TV and in the movie theater that seem to have been made like that, things that ooze with easygoing charm and spontaneity have those qualities because someone sat down and very carefully planned that it would be so then worked very hard to make it happen. Working sixty hour weeks on a film set, you end up hating two thirds of the people around you just by force of contact, even if you'd have got along famously otherwise. Live together as well and you'll end up wanting to murder one another.

Again, I get the idea, I really do, but unfortunately it's a fantasy that can't actually exist.

P

Is it really illegal to list your age on a job application? What kind of odd law is that? (off topic, I know).

It's not illegal for an employer to ask your age. Most employers are smart enough not to ask because doing so opens the door to an age discrimination lawsuit if someone feels they were denied a job they were qualified for based solely on their age.

This particular post sounds like a work for free situation (there's no mention of payment), in which case laws regarding hiring practices don't apply.

Edited by Mike Lary

Hello!

I'm producing a feature film that will be made by a core team people I don't have to pay (under 21). The film will have a budget to pay me of course but no one else above or below the line. It will be shot in Austin, TX because of there weak labor laws. I'm scouting the internet for the dumbest young DP in the world. If you or somebody you know are this person, please send me an and your CV because I want to be able to screen your resume to see if you might actually report me to the unions!

This will be produced in a very stupid way. The team of young people will live in a foreclosed house together I got through my fathers shady real estate business, spend a month during production, buying their own meals and spending all there costs out of their own pocket, then the director and I who is my brother will cut the thing together on our imac and send to to festivals it will never get accepted to, then claim the whole venture will be a lost and I'll write it off in my taxes. A documentary film will be made simultaneously because hey the movie is going to be so awful anyway it will look like a documentary.

This project is has been tried about a million times, but a sucker is born every minute.

We are also still scouting for an editor, production designer, sound designer/mixer and a lawyer.

Thanks,

Another stupid prick

Hello!

I'm producing a feature film that will be made by a core team people I don't have to pay (under 21). The film will have a budget to pay me of course but no one else above or below the line.

Thanks,

Another stupid prick

Tell me more, Tom. Now that you put it that way, I am extremely interested. I'm old but I like pizza and long hours working for the ungrateful. Can I sign a deferred payment deal that I will never see a dime of because you will sell the film right after we're all done? If so, count me in.

Tom

Edited by Tom Jensen

Tell me more, Tom. Now that you put it that way, I am extremely interested. I'm old but I like pizza and long hours working for the ungrateful. Can I sign a deferred payment deal that I will never see a dime of because you will sell the film right after we're all done? If so, count me in.

Tom

Sounds great, here join my facebook group and I'll show you some pictures of the cast, my girlfriend wants to get into acting. Also do you know anyone with one of those video canons? My grandfather has a bunch of old lenses in his basement we can use.

Sounds great, here join my facebook group and I'll show you some pictures of the cast, my girlfriend wants to get into acting. Also do you know anyone with one of those video canons? My grandfather has a bunch of old lenses in his basement we can use.

I know somebody with an iphone so we don't need lenses. See you on the set.

You may have the premise of the O.P. totally wrong. It could either be another reality show, cameras in every room. This one is different because the theme is film-centric, you know how fascinated the general public is when it comes to behind-the-scenes stuff. Or it could be web cams streaming live to an internet pay-to-view site. :o That's all I'm going to say about that.