Which anamorphic lens was Die Hard shot on?

Liam Howlett

does anybody know?

Also, since we're talking about McTiernan.

Which anamorphic lens was Medicine Man shot on? It has this trademark late 80's early 90's "action" look. The closest other film that I can think of right away that looks the same is Cliffhanger.

Here are some screengrabs

vlcsnap2010063001h34m26.png

vlcsnap2010063001h35m47.png

vlcsnap2010063001h34m43.png

vlcsnap2010063001h36m12.png

vlcsnap2010063001h36m49.png

Panavision is in Die Hard's credits for cameras and lenses, and primos weren't released until 1990 so it would haveprobably been C and E series anamorphics.

Yeah I knew about the Panavision being the lenses, but I'd like to know the actual model. Now the C and E series, is that regarding Medicine Man?

• Premium Member

Yeah I knew about the Panavision being the lenses, but I'd like to know the actual model. Now the C and E series, is that regarding Medicine Man?

No, I'm talking about Die Hard. C and E series is the actual "model", it's the name of the series of lenses. The movie was shot with more than one lens.

No, I'm talking about Die Hard. C and E series is the actual "model", it's the name of the series of lenses. The movie was shot with more than one lens.

Perhaps he wants the serial numbers of the specific lenses, in addition to the focal lengths and T stops.

• Premium Member

Perhaps he wants the serial numbers of the specific lenses, in addition to the focal lengths and T stops.

I'll have to go to my storage locker for those notebooks. Back in 12 weeks (it's a very safe storage locker).

• 9 years later...