shooting a TV screen

I am shooting a short peice of video made to be used as credits in a short film. We want it to look like video on purpose, so I am not worried about the grain or the TV lines being visible. However, I have little idea of how to expose for the TV screen.

I am shooting this at a rental house, so I will be using a syncho box, and will have a choice of monitors. The camera is an SRII.

What film stock is normally used for this application, and how do you meter the screen to ensure that it comes across to match the rest of my normally exposed footage, especially the contrast? What monitor type and size is best. ANY other tips?

Thanks.

I find a medium speed film is sensitive enough for this. I tune the monitor by eye (reduce the contrast a little bit), turn off the lights in the room to avoid reflections and meter with a reflective meter off something that looks fairly neutral gray on the screen. If it's material that I shoot on video myself, then I actually shoot a gray card on video beforehand to have as a reference. Since the monitor will actually be freshing twice for each film frame, the image will be perhaps 1/2 a stop over exposed. I tend not to compensate for this and simply print down later. If you don't wish to hide the video I would turn up the sharpness (iris) on the monitor to enhance the edging and define the scanlines. Make sure you are properly centered and facing the monitor straight on so as not to keystone the image. I've used monitors large and small and it doesn't really make much of a difference, just get one with a lot of resolution and you're in a room that you can et far back enough so that you can get a flat image that is in focus across the entire frame.