HVX200 - Film Cam mode vs. Video cam mode

Dustan Lewis McBain

I don't understand your question as far as what your asking. hvx200 does not have a fimgamma setting like the hpx300,370 and up unless your talking about shooting in 24p.And syncro scan allows to you move your shutter to a specific speed that you want (180 degree for film) is 1/48 for video.

In trying to figure out which scene file to use, one of my options is Film Cam or Video Cam? what does what? Thank you!

Also- Does syncro scan have anything to do with Shutter speed?

Thanks-

Dustan Lewis McBain

In the scene files on the hvx you have a choice to go with film cam or video, I was wondering what each option does?

Film Camera mode allows the shutter to be read out in degrees as well as fractions, ie 1/48th or 180 degrees. It also allows you to access the variable frame rates in the 720p 24pn mode. That's really the only difference between Film Cam mode and Video Cam mode. In video cam mode, you cannot access the variable frame rates in 720p 24pn, they're locked to 24 I believe (or 30, or 60 depending on your recording mode setup). Also in video cam mode, shutter is only read out in fractions, the degrees option doesn't apply. Make sure when shooting off speeds in the 720p 24pn mode that you leave the shutter mode set to degrees so that the "shutter" will auto track to the frame rate.