Anamorphic with ACL

Gregg MacPherson

Has anyone shot anamorphic with their ACL? If so what did you do for the viewfinder. Can one put a simple single element somewhere in the viewfinder to unsqueeze the image.

This guy has shot anamorphic with his ACL standard 16, using on one film a partly self made zoom. Hoping he will reply to my mail about the viewfinder.

http://www.duprel.de/

Getting inspired I put a Proskar 16B projector lense and put it in front of a Schneider Xenon 25mm C mount prime and it looked quite sharp. Didn't do any tests though.

If there's no correcion in the finder I think it would be realy hard to compose in the fame.

Cheers

Gregg.

Has anyone shot anamorphic with their ACL? If so what did you do for the viewfinder. Can one put a simple single element somewhere in the viewfinder to unsqueeze the image.

As of my experience to use a LOMO anamorphic lenses with Konvas and Kinor-35 camera without dizanamorphic viewfinder can tell, this is hard headache.

I can't focusing a anamorphic lens without dizanamorphic viewfinder by ground glass, can focus by distance marks on lens only.

But, do not all lenses have excellend FFD adjusting and you can lost sharpness on film.

The situation change too much after i attach a dizanamorphic viewfinder to Konvas.

I can focus lens by ground glass and image had great sharpness.

At final, if you do not wish have problem with sharpness on film, to attach a dizanamorphic viewfinder to camera.

May be, Konvas dizanamorphic viewifnder can be attach to ACL.

If you conform me your interest by PM to me, I can test of my Konvas dizanamorphic viewfinder with my Eclair ACL 1,5

• 1 month later...

Gregg, I would recommend a Kowa 8Z anamorphic adapter for 16mm work. I had two Proskars some years ago and wasn't impressed by their quality.

The problem with projection anamorphics is that they will not allow for close distance focusing. The Kowa will go down to 1.5

meters, even closer with diopter lenses.

Another solution may be a Foton-A front lens which is used to "anamorphize" Foton zoom lenses. It should give you less vignetting on the wide side of your basic lens.

If you have trouble getting focus right in the viewfinder, use a Siemens star table as a target, I use it under low-light conditions and with dark viewfinders (Konvas at night...).

Hey Christian,

Thanks for the ideas. I didn't have any time to think more about it. The Proscar projection lense I have is marked down to 1.5m. I didn't do any tests yet. I think if I have a go with anamorphics I will try to adapt a dizanamorphic viewfinder.

Might talk some more about it when my computer and net access is going better.

Cheers

Gregg

Hey Christian,

Thanks for the ideas. I didn't have any time to think more about it. The Proscar projection lense I have is marked down to 1.5m. I didn't do any tests yet. I think if I have a go with anamorphics I will try to adapt a dizanamorphic viewfinder.

Might talk some more about it when my computer and net access is going better.

Cheers

Gregg

there are Hawk V Lite 16s as well. they make them in 2x and 1.3x. the 2x would be best for you. They start at 14mm and go up. I don't know who rents them, but they are out there.