Fuji Vs Kodak motion stocks/comparison

Hi

I would be very interested to see a side by side comparison of Fuji motion picture stocks vs Kodak stocks, so that one can see the differences.

I cant do this myself unfortunately.

Other would love to see such a comparison as well I'm certain.

If there is a website or video/s someone could link to I'd appreciate it.

Ive heard about the fuji 'look', but havent seen it for myself. I have also heard that fuji has a more limited dynamic range, thats its harder to correct underexposure/overexposure in post etc

Hi

I would be very interested to see a side by side comparison of Fuji motion picture stocks vs Kodak stocks, so that one can see the differences.

I cant do this myself unfortunately.

Other would love to see such a comparison as well I'm certain.

If there is a website or video/s someone could link to I'd appreciate it.

Ive heard about the fuji 'look', but havent seen it for myself. I have also heard that fuji has a more limited dynamic range, thats its harder to correct underexposure/overexposure in post etc

Have alook at films that use BOTH KODAK and FUJI within the same movie. 'BLOW' is one that comes to mind, shot by Ellen Kuras. More recently, 'Brooklyn's Finest' also used both KODAK and FUJI VIVID. 'GREEN ZONE' was just released on DVD - that was an ALL-FUJI filmstock film.

fuji tends to be more "analogue" or "organic" Kodak tends to be sharper more modern looking. The past two big shows I have worked on have shot on Fuji. Whether fuji stocks are less dynamic, I would tend to think not. Maybe a little in underexposure as the newest Kodak stocks basically see in the dark and are generally sharper. House shoots on the 400T, Friday Night Lights shoots on Super16 250 T and D.