F35 / ND Offsets

Andy Haas

Hello,

I'm on a shooting with the F35 and have ND Filters which aren't color neutral. I tried to set the ND Offset values to compensate this but it didn't work.

The manual didn't help me and neither this page: http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/aadams/story/the_sony_f35_and_nd_filters/

Everything went good, but changing the offset Values 1-5 haven't any effect.

What did I do wrong?

Any advices?

Thanks!

Well it defiantly works, I have done it, its hard to tell where you have gone wrong, i'll try and get my hands on an F35 and go through it step by step. But in all honesty, it's actually much simpler to change your ND's to a better matching set. It does simplify things some what, you don't need to remember to change the file when you change filter, and if you swap the body out you'll have to do them all over again.

Steve Price

Just, tried it this morning, very strange, I had the same problem. I went through the steps, and nothing was stored?

The way i did it which is not described anywhere i could find; in custom mode, set the white balance preset to A. then in maintenance, auto setup, auto white balance, then change the ND number, put new filter in front of lens, then auto white balance again. then to store, in file, OHB file, store file. Once this is done, i would expect changing the ND number should change the white offset, but nothing happens.

Has anyone out there done this? i'm sure i did it about two years ago when the camera first came out, but maybe not. Is it just another feature that sony has produced that no one has ever tested and it actually doesn't work? Art Adams describes ND offset, but it doesn't say in his article that he actually did it.

Steve Price