Negative to positive using software

Assaf Hayut

Hello,

I'm in the process of shooting a short film (20-25 min).

I've started shooting on dbl-x which gives great results. I'm funding the project alone and I'll have about an hour if not more of film so obviously the costs of process, print and telecine scare me to death.

I'm working with premier to edit the film and I know that the 'Invert' function transforms the negs into pos. I have done it a couple of times but since I don't have a film telecined on both neg and pos I can't really compare.

Can anyone tell me if inverting the film on computer drastically damages the quality, and can anyone give me some technical advises about improving the invertion (if possible? I also have access to final cut, would that do any better? Does anyone have any online examples of film inverted using software?

Though I'm trying to keep low costs quality is important to me.

Thanks for your time, again.

Assaf

Edited by Assaf Hayut

Hello,

I'm in the process of shooting a short film (20-25 min).

I've started shooting on dbl-x which gives great results. I'm funding the project alone and I'll have about an hour if not more of film so obviously the costs of process, print and telecine scare me to death.

I'm working with premier to edit the film and I know that the 'Invert' function transforms the negs into pos. I have done it a couple of times but since I don't have a film telecined on both neg and pos I can't really compare.

Can anyone tell me if inverting the film on computer drastically damages the quality, and can anyone give me some technical advises about improving the invertion (if possible? I also have access to final cut, would that do any better? Does anyone have any online examples of film inverted using software?

Though I'm trying to keep low costs quality is important to me.

Thanks for your time, again.

Assaf

Just relized this might not be the right forum for this post.

I apologize and will copy paste to the correct one