budding Cinematographers in India

jay singh

Hi

In India digital film making is picking up, and it's a good sign. I feel we Indians can do better movies if we improve technically. More and more technicians should upgrade to new technology. Many small countries are very much ahead of us technically and content wise too.

Our Youngsters should think beyond money making.

Here is an opportunity if somebody looking for a break.

For our production house ( I'm an Editor there) we are looking for a young but talented friendly budding cinematographer for regional movie. if there are guys who are working as assistants and looking for a break in feature film can send me their demo link to pass it on to the director.

Let's make a nice group.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi jay this is leo from tamilnadu, chennai nice to see a joint for people in india to mingle . i work as a dp for tamil films. well this is my number +919840076589. hope to hear from you soon.

take care.

warm regards

LEO.D

• 1 month later...

Hi jay this is leo from tamilnadu, chennai nice to see a joint for people in india to mingle . i work as a dp for tamil films. well this is my number +919840076589. hope to hear from you soon.

take care.

warm regards

LEO.D

Hi, I am Nishant from bombay, i do freelance work and would like to be part of feature film projects.

Fondly,

Nishant Gala

+91 9867799310 / +91 9821420870

• 4 months later...

Hi

In India digital film making is picking up, and it's a good sign. I feel we Indians can do better movies if we improve technically. More and more technicians should upgrade to new technology. Many small countries are very much ahead of us technically and content wise too.

Our Youngsters should think beyond money making.

Here is an opportunity if somebody looking for a break.

For our production house ( I'm an Editor there) we are looking for a young but talented friendly budding cinematographer for regional movie. if there are guys who are working as assistants and looking for a break in feature film can send me their demo link to pass it on to the director.

Let's make a nice group.

hey its bibhu from Mumbai...lt me knw if u still looking for a dp. u cn watch my work on orkut...type 'reelbibhu' to find me.

thnx

• 4 weeks later...

i am from imphal,manipur .in my state since 2001 we have been using digital camcorders for making movies/music videos in a shoestring budget.i can say that in the entire northeast india we are the biggest production hub for digital films.....but lack of experience and technical experts has affected the quality.....looks like more reality show...i hope to change it ........i will do some project in the future to try at my level.like film division,mumbai we need some regulatory body to supervise purely digital production of movies.

• 2 weeks later...

which part of cinema field in India are you in? is your movie production started yet? let us make a group of Indian cinema enthusiasts. OK jay singh

yetto start.. We are from Telugu and kannada industry.

i guess you need more exposure and better equipments, you can continue shooting on trail and error bassis too but that might take long to acheive the results you are looking for, nevertheless you keep experimenting, visit topics of your interest on this site,some of them have been discussed thoroughly enough to give solution to what might be your querries at the moment, and look out for funds to get your equipments in place, as i said earlier you will need better equipments, point and shoot with a camcodor will seldom give you creative satisfaction

you can also start reading material on shooting techniques, one of the book which i liked most and i feel is very essential for a film student is FIVE Cs OF CINEMATOGRAPHY.

all the best.

i am from imphal,manipur .in my state since 2001 we have been using digital camcorders for making movies/music videos in a shoestring budget.i can say that in the entire northeast india we are the biggest production hub for digital films.....but lack of experience and technical experts has affected the quality.....looks like more reality show...i hope to change it ........i will do some project in the future to try at my level.like film division,mumbai we need some regulatory body to supervise purely digital production of movies.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

HI,

Recently joined this forum.

I am a DoP based out of New Delhi shooting with my own Canon C300 package with lenses, OConnor tripod, sennheiser microphones, SD 702T recorder etc.

Some of my recent work:

Making of "Leopards: The Last Stand" -

Social documentary with subtitles in English - "Blood Betting" - http://vimeo.com/59801099

Cheers,

Sabyasachi

+919910900446

• 3 years later...