adapter stuck

Nathan Pocus

So I get my gear back from a shoot and I notice they left the Aaton to B-mount adapter on the camera. I later get an email from the guy saying it was stuck. What I think might have happened was that they were changing lenses with the adapter in place and were somehow torquing the adapter tighter every time. This thing is tight. I even tried tapping lighting with a hammer, probably not the best idea, though nothing was harmed. What can I do?

Nathan, I'm not sure where you are located, but if in the US then you could send the camera to our office in either NY or LA and we could get it off without causing damage. We could also check to make sure the camera's mount had not been torqued out of place and could perform other service on the camera. Feel free to contact me directly. Abel Cine Tech is the dealer and service center for Aaton in the US.

Nathan, I'm not sure where you are located, but if in the US then you could send the camera to our office in either NY or LA and we could get it off without causing damage. We could also check to make sure the camera's mount had not been torqued out of place and could perform other service on the camera. Feel free to contact me directly. Abel Cine Tech is the dealer and service center for Aaton in the US.

Thanks Mitch, I believe this is actually your old camera. One of the cases has your name on it. I bought it from Vincent a year or so ago. The people using my gear had an insurance policy but they were shooting in Louisiana. I am in Alabama so it has been about 2 weeks since they wrapped their shoot. Do you think I can still contact these people and have them make a claim? Doing favors for friends of friends sucks.

My old baby -- come home to papa!

I certainly would put in a claim, but good luck on actually collecting much. There's usually a deductible and I'd hope that anything you'd need would fall below that cost (often as high as $2500). It can be very hard to get productions to pay out directly.

I've asked someone in our Services Dept. to reach out to you directly.