Help with Milliken Motor or info

Duncan Buckley

Bought another Milliken for spare parts but now its arrivd I kinda love it due to its tiny size. Its a DBM 3AP and is really small compared to the later models (would post images if I wasnt at work). The motor is a different shape to the others and is missing any label indicating if its DC power or AC. The manual that was linked on the forum does talk about the DBM 3 but not the AP version so I am unsure what power supply it requires.

Anybody have any information on this one?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Right seems I'm onto a dead end here....

Still i found out that the motor is DC by taking the two leads out of it and linking it to the battery pack of my other Millikens. Happy that it works but I have no idea what speed it is running at because there is no information about these cameras!!! The manual I got from this forum is like a bible and has helped plus forum members have been amazing with help on altering the cameras but other than that its like these are a massive secret or something... quite annoying. Anybody know the speeds of a DBM 3AP??

I need to tidy up the cables and get the auto shut off mechanism to work but happy that this $30 purchase for spare parts might actually film something in the future.

I plan to add some vimeo footage soon of milliken footage. Excited to film with the S16mm modification I made, passed some footage through at 400fps and no scratches so soon time to get filming.

Its all fun and games with these cameras so the results will be a mix of good and plain ugly but who cares because I love it.

Hi Duncan,

Glad to hear that the s16 conversion went OK and that the camera runs fine.

If the camera runs OK attaching the battery straight to the motor, I´d try hooking the same battery up to pins 10+11 (Double check this in the manual I uploaded) That should work, and that is all I have done to mine - after trying lots of other, more complicated things first.....

Kristian

Right seems I'm onto a dead end here....

Still i found out that the motor is DC by taking the two leads out of it and linking it to the battery pack of my other Millikens. Happy that it works but I have no idea what speed it is running at because there is no information about these cameras!!! The manual I got from this forum is like a bible and has helped plus forum members have been amazing with help on altering the cameras but other than that its like these are a massive secret or something... quite annoying. Anybody know the speeds of a DBM 3AP??

I need to tidy up the cables and get the auto shut off mechanism to work but happy that this $30 purchase for spare parts might actually film something in the future.

I plan to add some vimeo footage soon of milliken footage. Excited to film with the S16mm modification I made, passed some footage through at 400fps and no scratches so soon time to get filming.

Its all fun and games with these cameras so the results will be a mix of good and plain ugly but who cares because I love it.