New Nikon D7000

Emanuel A Guedes

• Premium Member

I was looking at the wind turbines for traces of rolling shutter, but didn't see any. Someone needs to shoot some whip pans, and post unadulterated stills. If it has low rolling shutter and low moire problems, I'm interested.

P

Hi Phil,

I had a quick play at IBC, it's less than other cameras as is the New Panasonic 101. Way less rolling shutter than an EX3.

• Premium Member

Thanks for the in-person reports!

Do we know yet if the D7000 has live video or audio outputs during recording (for video & audio monitoring)?

Is the live video output 1080p and can it be visually "uncluttered" (by on-screen text/graphics) & thus suitable for external recording?

FWIW, here's Andrew Reid's initial take on the D7000:

http://www.eoshd.com...rolling-shutter

I didn't see the D7000 at the IBC? Then again, shows that big I probably didn't see a lot.

What comes out of the HDMI connection though? Televisions don't have H264 decoders to my knowledge so, is it uncompressed full resolution? If so, you could essentially record 3G uncompressed out of a grand's worth of camera. Which is pretty insane.

• 3 months later...

I upgraded from the D300 to the D7000. I'll say at the onset that the D7000 represents a significant upgrade from the D300. The first thing that impressed me was the D7000's ability to focus in near darkness. I was astonished by this and wasn't expecting it. But the most impressive aspect of the camera is its dynamic range. The D7000 is also whisper quiet. Of course, the build quality is much better on the D300 and for me, the ergonomics are better.

• 2 weeks later...

Nikon D7000 camera is awesome! There are so many features on this model that turn out one incredible photo after another with lots of room for creative play.

Nikon D7000 has 100% view finder! Big bright with 100% coverage. No more guessing of your framing. (It is not as bright as the D700. However, it is 100% vice 95%) Or 016-Segment RGB Meter- for spot on exposure and white balance--No one touches Nikon on this and this one is fantastic.