reflection of rain

I wouldn't call this a reflection so much as texture. I would imagine you could simply create a realistic rain effect (drops, streaks, whatever you are imagining) on a window with a light source coming from behind and shining on the talent's face. If you don't actually have an interior with an exterior window (or are shooting on a stage) you can create this effect by using a piece of glass or acrylic (lexan, plexiglas, etc) for the window and placing a catch pan underneath for the water. Of course, protect the surrounding area as needed and/or control the water source. You might could get away with a grip pouring water from a glass for a short period.

I want to get a reflection of rain on artist face; it is a night interior shot... What is the best way to create it?

Are you referring to the effect where the shadow of rain (dripping down the window) appears on the actor's face? Conrad Hall used that effect in 'In Cold Blood' and again in 'Road to Perdition'. The first time he did it was unintentional, just something that happened when he changed the angle of the exterior light- and he decided to keep it. I'm pretty sure in both cases the source was a big, hard light motivated by streetlights. If you're going for that effect you'll probably need to play around with the angle of the light to get it just right.

Are you referring to the effect where the shadow of rain (dripping down the window) appears on the actor's face? Conrad Hall used that effect in 'In Cold Blood' and again in 'Road to Perdition'. The first time he did it was unintentional, just something that happened when he changed the angle of the exterior light- and he decided to keep it. I'm pretty sure in both cases the source was a big, hard light motivated by streetlights. If you're going for that effect you'll probably need to play around with the angle of the light to get it just right.

Yes i am referring it. And once we try it. As you said it has to use the big source . I have seen this effect in David Lynch's "The Straight Story "as well. Thanks Mike.