? Where can I find/buy 16mm CARTRIDGE film ?

Nicole  Crescenzi

Hello all!

I have recently acquired an old Bell & Howell 200 EE 16mm camera....which, unfortunately, only accepts film in a cartridge (similar to Super8 configuration). Does anyone know where I can find some of that film? I have been searching the internet, but to no avail. Additionally, can I hand process this film with similar chemistry as I use for the more standard 16mm reels (both color and B/W)?

Thanks for your help....

Nicole

• Premium Member

Hello all!

I have recently acquired an old Bell & Howell 200 EE 16mm camera....which, unfortunately, only accepts film in a cartridge (similar to Super8 configuration). Does anyone know where I can find some of that film? I have been searching the internet, but to no avail. Additionally, can I hand process this film with similar chemistry as I use for the more standard 16mm reels (both color and B/W)?

Thanks for your help....

Nicole

E-bay seller Javacycles sometimes has some listed. see ebay item 200529831932 for example. Allan Gordon is the official source.

Processing would be the same as any other format of a given type of film stock. (for instance the one in the e-bay item above is Plus-x reversal) The film is wound Emulsion OUT in the 16mm magazines.

• 3 weeks later...

Shooting 16mm 50ft magazine film today if more of a hobbyist endeavor, but it sure

can be fun. Getting beautiful 16mm images with a camera the size of S-8mm cameras

is kinda cool. No fiddling to reload the camera, you just pop in another mag and shoot

away. Problem is, the work you have to do to reload your own magazines. Not that

big of a deal once you invest the time to learn how. Also, the cost of shipping magazines

back and forth to the lab is way too expensive. Best to unload the mag and place the film

(with rubber band or tape to keep from unwinding) and place it into one of Kodak's 100 ft

16mm black plastic cans with a sticker placed on the front to denote to unload in darkroom only / 50ft magazine load. Please return the core with processed film. Works for me.

I like the B+H models and Kodak's Royal Magazine camera is a black leather beauty with some great lenses.