Dwayne's changes their mind-- now says they're shutting down Kodachrome on December 10th

Jim Carlile

Jenny, what format was the last roll of motion picture Kodachrome? 16mm, 8mm, or Super 8?

They ran the last of the Super8 (stuff I shot) just before running one single roll of 8mm (which was also stuff I shot).

A lot of this information is covered in my film. There's a link to the facebook page in my previous post, but there is also now a website for the film. Like the facebook page for more info or check out the website here:

http://www.saturationofmemory.com

I sent in my last three rolls of Super 8 on December 28.

On January 31, I finally received shipping notice from Dwaynes. Should be in my mailbox by week's end.

They must have had one huge backlog of Kodachrome (all types). In the past, I usually got Super 8 and 35mm rolls back in a week.

I sent in my last three rolls of Super 8 on December 28.

On January 31, I finally received shipping notice from Dwaynes. Should be in my mailbox by week's end.

They must have had one huge backlog of Kodachrome (all types). In the past, I usually got Super 8 and 35mm rolls back in a week.

I had my mixed lot of S8, DS8 and 35mm still in on 29th dec and they shipped out on 27th january. Got it delivered in Europe on 1st feb.

Not too bad. In the past Kodachrome could easily take 3 weeks in and out of the Swiss lab.

I didn't want to make any announcements in advance, but I'll let you in on a little secret. Kodachrome Film was also made by Fujifilm and Dynachrome. I'm currently attempting to arrange to purchase an entire Master Roll of Fuji's Kodachrome (super rich colour 10 ISO). If successful, it will be sold in all formats. This would be a permanent recurring purchase from Fuji every few years.