Canon T2i Firmware

Tony Sarandrea

Hey, I'm just learning about firmware updates and heard that people upgrade their older 5ds so they can shoot 24p, do you think the same

firmware possibilites exist for something like getting more custom ISO settings on the Canon EOS t2i? It goes in increments of 100, 200, 400, etc...

but it can't shoot at lets say,, 320 ISO.. Do you think that will ever be available? If this was mentioned before, sorry in advanced, I'm a noob with this forum.

Thank you.

-Tony

• 1 month later...

36 views and no replies. Does no one know the answer or is this just a stupid question?

i am pretty sure that canon will not respond to different ISO settings for the T2i, it just wouldn't make sense for them to do so....

i would like it, but if you think about where the camera sits on their 'prosumer' line, it is pretty cheap.

its a steal already, if you want the extra ISO settings an upgrade would be the simple solution

thats my 2 cents haha

• Premium Member

I just don't think it's that useful.

In any case, if you do noise analysis on many Canon DSLRs, you find that many of the intermediate ISO settings are emulated in software, with changes to the amplifiers on the sensor being made only for every second or third increment.

P

I just don't think it's that useful.

In any case, if you do noise analysis on many Canon DSLRs, you find that many of the intermediate ISO settings are emulated in software, with changes to the amplifiers on the sensor being made only for every second or third increment.

P

Is there a jump between 1600 and 3200 ?

Given one to use on a rather dim live music gig over the weekend (they dont attract attention as much as an EX or otherwise) - considerable noise increase between these settings...

• 1 month later...

There is a pretty substantial jump between ISO 1600 and ISO 3200 on a Canon T2i.

I would encourage you to do your own tests, but as a rule of thumb I think of it in these terms:

ISO 100 - 400: virtually no noise

ISO 800: a bit more noise

ISO 1600: noticeable noise, as high as I would ever want to go, and only if I had already maxed out my light and lens options

ISO 3200+: not suitable for serious work, grainy noise everywhere