No idea what it costs but they have many foreign students who study there - I have a Scottish friend who studied cinematography there.

The Russian Federation State Institute of Cinematography (VGIK)

Wilhelm Pieck Str. 3

Moscow, 129226-RU

Russia

Tel. +7 095 181 3868

Fax. +7 095 181 7174

Email. mail@vgik.info

Web Site. www.vgik-edu.ru/

No idea what it costs but they have many foreign students who study there - I have a Scottish friend who studied cinematography there.

The Russian Federation State Institute of Cinematography (VGIK)

Wilhelm Pieck Str. 3

Moscow,  129226-RU

Russia

Tel. +7 095 181 3868

Fax. +7 095 181 7174

Email. mail@vgik.info

Web Site. www.vgik-edu.ru/

Thanks Morgan

It's a 4 year course and foreigners have to spend 6 months to a year learning Russian before they go - my friend spent 5 years or more in Russia. He says it was well worth it though, he thinks that some of the best film-art and cinematography education comes from the former eastern bloc countries such as Russia, Poland and Hungary. Many filmmakers from all over the world study there. The Beijing Film Academy also used to be based on the Russian model because many of their professors were trained in Russia to begin with. You only have to look at films by Tarkovsky, Kiewslowski, Wadja and Polanski to see that the film makers that come out of these schools tend to be fairly good - making very decent films with limited resources.

To be frank I don't know where he is at the moment as he's shooting in Canada. He's been pretty busy recently and we haven't spoken in a while but I would imagine that any info he could give you is out of date as he went over 10 years ago - I imagine that costs and conditions would have changed. I would call them or send them an email and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vladvaidianu
Thanks anyway Morgan.

just an opinion...

I used to live in east europe(romania)

names as kieslowsky, tarkovsky, kusturica are not a real image about the schools where they got education. starting with 1988 everything is changing in the east side. I can not tell it's better or worse(for film schools). . . but I would check twice every detail about an easteuropean school...

• 8 months later...
still need to know?

Hi, I study at VGIK for free as I'm russian but as far as I know foreign students have to pay about 10000USD a year (2 semesters) and this price includes all aspects of studying (camera equipment, film, processing etc. ). All you need is to know russian (there is a special one year course before admittance) and to pass all the entrance exams. If you want to know more precisely about terms and conditions ask your questions and I'll try to find it out for you.

Anastasia

Hi, I study at VGIK for free as I'm russian but as far as I know foreign students have to pay about 10000USD a year (2 semesters) and this price includes all aspects of studying (camera equipment, film, processing etc. ). All you need is to know russian (there is a special one year course before admittance) and to pass all the entrance exams. If you want to know more precisely about terms and conditions ask your questions and I'll try to find it out for you.

Anastasia

thanks for reply...

im interested in the animation and multimedia department ,BUT AT VGIK WEBSITE,it said that"http://www.vgik-edu.ru/index.php?id=anima"

How about 2007?

Edited by pixel

thanks for reply...

im interested in the animation and multimedia department ,BUT AT VGIK WEBSITE,it said that"http://www.vgik-edu.ru/index.php?id=anima"

How about 2007?

In animation and multimedia department they collect only 10 or 15 students once in three or four years that's why I think that the next collection will be not earlier than in 2007.

In animation and multimedia department they collect only 10 or 15 students once in three or four years that's why I think that the next collection will be not earlier than in 2007.

I want to apply for ,

should i prepare protfolio?

special Program requirements?

thanks Clickable Smilies

• 5 weeks later...
I'll ask friends from this faculty and write you back all the information I can get. I think that will be during next week. See you.

Anastasia

Did u get any information about my question?

appreciated ur reply.