To all the cinematographers searching for a film school out there.

I have graduated from the European Film College in Denmark and i am really interested for getting into cinematography module/course at a film school. After a period of 2 month search i run into the MET film school, cinematograpy line. Its only a year and all you do though is cinematography and at the end as they say you have created a well structured and experienced portofolio. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows the truth behid the MET website descriptions and if its worth its tution.

Would be nice to get some feedback, i really need it.

Peace out.

Petros

• 2 weeks later...

To all the cinematographers searching for a film school out there.

I have graduated from the European Film College in Denmark and i am really interested for getting into cinematography module/course at a film school. After a period of 2 month search i run into the MET film school, cinematograpy line. Its only a year and all you do though is cinematography and at the end as they say you have created a well structured and experienced portofolio. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows the truth behid the MET website descriptions and if its worth its tution.

Would be nice to get some feedback, i really need it.

Peace out.

Petros

Hey Petros,

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, but I've been rather busy.

Met Film School is a practical filmmaking school - meaning it favors actual filmmaking than theoretical courses. You do get some theoretical courses though, which are extremely beneficial.

I've only been there for what, 2 months? Its my first year of what was supposed to be a two year degree program but I've decided to switch to the one year practical filmmaking certificate and go shoot a movie the second year and get field experience.

I've heard that the Cinematography course is very good though, the main tutor is this person; http://www.paulwheelerbsc.com/ which I havent met so far, I will next week though. He's very experienced it seems and apparently his courses are really efficient.

The aim of the module/course/diploma is to make of you a skilled, thinking person confident enough to take on any project given to you.

All of this is the official information.

Personally, I think its a good school. Its strongest point being the "administration" - they are nice people, passionate and willing to help out. They do pitch forums, give advice and answer all of your questions.

Their weak point, in my opinion, is lack of organization, its still a new school but its had a lot of success and they're trying to keep up with the amount of students they're accepting. Sometimes it shows that they're trying to keep up, but its not so bad. There are 200 students currently unrolled at the MFS. (unless I'm wrong).

There you have it, my two cents,

You can do with it what you want !

Hope it helps a bit,

Peace,

Zahi.

Btw, I forgot to mention,

There's a new shooting block now available. Its purpose is solely for the cinematography modules. Its a two floor shooting studio, with like four different half sets that you can somewhat dress up.

Its cool, its a different building. Its also new and we're trying it out.

Exciting times.

Peace.

Dear Zahi,

Thank you for the help and honest feedback, i am sorry that took me long time to answer but i had a lot of work lately.

Its exciting to see that you are getting along and making the best out of the school as you mentioned its only the begining for you but still its a good begining from what i understand.

Hopefully i will talk to you in persone in the February intake where today i learned that i got accepted at the cinematography module.

Hope you are doing great man and keep it up.

Peace out,

Petros

Edited by petros goritsas