F335 easy question

Michael Lucas

Hello,

In a couple weeks I'll be working on a shoot using the Sony f335

Just want to know what it's rated re ASA.

We will be using a field monitor so I can always check image on that but I prefer to use my dslr (a Canon 550D) to see what it will look like.

Any information or pointers on this matter and this camera would be much appreciated.

Cheers

-mike

Hello,

In a couple weeks I'll be working on a shoot using the Sony f335

Just want to know what it's rated re ASA.

We will be using a field monitor so I can always check image on that but I prefer to use my dslr (a Canon 550D) to see what it will look like.

Any information or pointers on this matter and this camera would be much appreciated.

Cheers

-mike

A quick google reveals this: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-hd-cinealta/106540-pdw-f350-asa-equivalency.html

Basically says around 250ASA with standard settings. Looking at the Sony website and comparing with my F900 (2/3" chips) seems about right. They rate it slightly less sensetive, my F900 is officially 300ASA, so 250 seems right.

We will be using a field monitor so I can always check image on that but I prefer to use my dslr (a Canon 550D) to see what it will look like

Just out of interest, why would you not use a field monitor which shows you exactly what you are getting, and instead use a completely different camera to reference. You are attempting to evaluate the picture and exposure of a $15,000 professional camera by looking at the images that a $700 dSLR gives you. Slightly ass-backward, I would say.