Bauer A512

Pavan Deep

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have not, but the most likely problem you might have with the 512A is, that the grease in the takeup mecanism has dried, so you yust need to clean this, and it should work. (if this is the case, then the filmtransport gets imideately stuck).

The Bauer is very easy to open.

be carefull not to disassemble the the shutter/fade mecanism, it is a bit complicated to reassemble.

All the other problems I have had whit the 512A were from wrong use (when using rewind button, or fade button, but in this case reading the user manual will help).

To clean the grease you can also use lighter benzine, but be carefull not to use to much.

daniel

I need to fix a problem that I’ve created;

I made a small modification to the camera’s gate, I took it out [unthinkable I know] and widened it across the left hand side so that I can capture a wider frame. When I placed the gate back in I've managed to loosen the little metal guides that sit in the gate when the gate is in the camera. These metal guides are normally held in position with a springy tension - this tension has now gone, so I’m assume has the spring.

I am worried that this will now affect the steadiness of the images, in the past this camera has produced some of the shapest and steadiest Super 8 images. This problem has happened before many years ago with this camera, and then I was told it was simple problem to fix. Any ideas on how to fix this?

P