The Fighter

• Premium Member

Just saw the fighter, and the making of the film, They said that Wahlberg pushed to have it filmed with the HBO boxing crew cause it would take 3 days to film rather than 20 plus, or whatever figure they gave, I can only assume that the old beta cams have an output of 1920x1080, unless I am wrong please correct me. 2K projection is roughly 2000k by 1400k, if the old betas were actually 1920, how did that boxing footage blend in? I can't imagine stretching the footage vertically.

NTSC beta is 720x486 pixels. they would have uprezzed it in the DI/ Post. Blimey!

• 2 weeks later...

Bales character, Micky Ward was one f@cked up individual no doubt about that. I felt sorry for his father, poor bugger.

bales character was Dickey Ecklund, Mark Wahlberg was Micky Ward.

I just watched the blu-ray release to see how 2 perf looked, and it was beautiful.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Hoyte Van Hoytema is a "fellow" Swede. Well, he's actually not a Swede at all. He moved to Sweden about 10-15 years ago for love and happened to stay. He's originally Dutch and he's a member of both the Dutch Society of Cinematographers, NSC, and the Swedish Society of Cinematographers, FSF. I remember seeing one of his first features, a shitty Swedish comedy and being very impressed by the moody and daring photography. Not at all what one would expect in such a film and miles apart from all the other comedy stuff. One immediately knew he was a great new talent, and everything he's done since has been fantastic. He's now shooting John Le Carre's brilliant spy epos Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy in the UK (they might have finished now) and I can't wait to see that as I loved the BBC series. He's one to watch out for.