The Prodigy smack my bitch up music video

I'll preface this by saying I never saw this music video, but of all the MVs to want to emulate, one for the "song" "Smack My Bitch Up?" Listen to the lyrics in the "Richard Cheese" version (the guy who does lounge music renditions of popular songs) to see what I mean. . .

• Premium Member

Not in Britain they weren't, unfortunately. This was almost certainly s16.

Fair enough. I worked with Jonas Ackerlund in the 90's with 35mm and kind of assumed that was his format of choice. There is certainly a good chance I'm wrong.

Fair enough. I worked with Jonas Ackerlund in the 90's with 35mm and kind of assumed that was his format of choice. There is certainly a good chance I'm wrong.

35mm would have been used for the big acts of the time, but everyone else would have used s16mm. The Prodigy were/are a well known alternative act, but probably not big enough at the time for their promo budgets to stretch to 35mm. Also, the technical aspects of the body rig used in the video would suggest 16mm was used.

• Premium Member

In November 1997 Jonas Åkerlund produced "Smack My ..." for the company OIL FACTORY which is still in business.Contact them! They probably know.

IMHO it was a electric 16mm Bolex with a 10mm and Aspheron or a 5,7 Tegea lens. Well at least this would have been my choice as of compactness for the body rig.