BEAULIEU 6008 - 7008 LENS COMPATIBILITY

David Weissenboeck

Hallo,

I am new here in this forum. so its a pleasure to be here, its always nice to realice that super8 and other small gauge formats are still allive.

Now to my question:

Luckily I got a Beaulieu 7008 Pro, ...for just 200 USD, alle functions are running, ...but I have no good lens for this baby. I also own a Beaulieu 6008 Pro with a Schneider 1,4/6-70, a rare Angenieux 1,2/6-90 and the ultra rare "Beaulieu iscorama cinegon 10mm/x1,5".

Hm, today I recognised that the lens-mount-systems (Beaulie-Mount) of the 6008 and the 7008 are diffrent? is that normal? or do have I a special model of a Beaulieu7008?

there is fixing bolt, to hold the lens in the right position, the position of this bolt is diffrent, also the amount of electrical contacts differs, strange? (see picture attached)

Question: is it possible to change the lens-mount-system of the 7008 in that way, that also the 6008 lenses can be mountet?

is there a simple solution, or should I search for a proper 7008 lens?

so, THX for any tips about that.

CONFUSION IS GOING ON:

...found a third variant of an Bealieu-Mount ? its confusing?

...its a Beaulieu-Mount ona Beaulieu 6008 S, iteressting is: that there are two holes for the positioning bolt of the lens, so maybe on that Mount its possible to use different kinds of Beaulie-Mount lenses? (see picture)

...so on that Mount it should be possible to mount all kind of lenses for the 6008 - 7008 -9008 series, but there is a difference in amount of electrical contacts.

so the question is: the tree contacts are for what funktions? the upper one is for what funktion?

maybe i have to drill a second hole and it will work?

any thoughts or knowledge about that?

kind regards

It seems the camera in the top picture was given an extra hole to allow it use lenses of both types. To my knowledge it is not standard factory work .

So, about what you proposed. There is plenty play in the size of the hole so drilling one extra cannot be too difficult. Make sure your drill does go through and jumps into the camera behind it :)

Drill at your own risk. Taking off the pin on the lens may be easier.

• 2 weeks later...