Dygon-Leica Lenses for Leicina Special

Edward Goldner

Hello all,

I've recently bought a Leicina Special, which should arrive in the mail any day now.

My camera is coming with a Leitz Leicina 10mm Macro Cinegon, which I'm told is a great lens. While I imagine I'll get by quite well with this alone, it'd be great to have a few other focal lengths up my sleeve.

I'm aware of the Schneider Leicina-Optivaron zoom, which sounds like quite a solid lens but I have also come across a couple of Dygon-Leica Lenses.

Just wondering whether anyone has used them and if so, how they hold up in terms of sharpness compared to the 10mm Cinegon? Also just wanting to confirm that they're compatible with the Leicina Special's M-mount or require an adapter?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Edward

Edward,

That 10mm Cinegon is one hell of a highly corrected lens. Tack sharp. I have had two in my life. In fact I was utilizing my 10mm Cinegon + Leicina Special last evening mounted on my bicycle. I am currently embroiled in a project utilizing the ST1 controller whereby each frame is exposed for 3 seconds with a frame interval approximately 0.5 s per frame.

f/

Some users of this lens have stated that this specific Super 8 format lens is one of the best ever manufactured. Specifically Leitz "corrected" the original Schneider design. Plus-X looks like 16mm footage. Even at f/2.8 my V200T pushed to 4000 ASA is gorgeous.

So from my perspective any other lens w/ the exception of some of the focal lens re: the Schneider 6-66mm Leica M Bayonet zoom...are a step down. The Dygon Leica lens you queried is actually for the Standard 8 format in a non-standard screw thread meant for Leica's earlier Standard 8 camera from the early 60s.

Cheers!

Nicholas

Since super8 has such a small frame you want to get as good quality glass as you can find. The larger the format the mor forgiving the hardware can be. There was an Arri std mount adaptor for the camera. You should be able to find one for a reasonable price and then maybe looking at getting some Zeiss standard 16 lenses. I would go prime lenses. You will be blown away by what you get.