Loading 1Grand Into Studio

Hello,

I just recently loaded the ST with 1,000 foot rolls. I found no trouble with it except when engaging the cores key into the key holder, it took me a while to get it to lock. I'd hold the core holder stationary and pull out film, I found it was really hard to keep the core holder stationary as you don't get the best grip. At first I thought maybe I had lined them up right when I put the film on which would answer my question but that was not the case when I checked.

I eventually got it but it was a pain for something that should be simple. Was I doing it the wrong way? The quick guide said to keep a hold on the core holder and pull film out the throat, which I did. Though like I said its tough to get a good grip to keep the holder stationary.

In a darkroom, after I thread the film through and put the roll onto the coreholder, I'd pull out like 5-6 feet and it would engage the second click. In a bag you do not have enough room to pull out that much film. So I hold the film so it does not move and rotate the plate clockwise until I hear the second click.

I turn the mag sideways so that the two spindles are pointing away from you instead of across your chest. It makes it easier to pull film out the throat when you're in the bag. Then I'd just hold the load side spindle and pulled the film out the throat like the book says. Just gotta get used to it.