Eye Cup Solution for Beaulieu 4008 ZMII

steve hyde

Hi Steve,

The BOLEX reflex eyecups made to fit the BOLEX H-8/H-16 reflex cameras, work great. They are nearly a perfect fit and allow comfortable use for the naked eye. If you wear eyeglasses, they still work okay, but you'll have to press harder against the eyecup for full field vision.

Another method is to use the eyecups made for 35mm SLR cameras, those aftermarket versions. You'll have to remove the rubber eyecup from the small viewfinder frame, and might have to adjust it via cutting it a bit to get it to fit, but it works also well.

There are vendors on eBay lately that have been selling both BEAULIEU and BOLEX eyecups, at reasonable prices. I just bought another BOLEX eyecup from a vendor in Israel and they were fast in shipping it to me.

These BOLEX reflex (Rex) eyecups work great on many other Super 8 cameras, as I have fit them to several of GAF Anscomatic ST series cameras [sT-111, ST-111E, ST-602, ST-802, ST-1002 and others], and many other versions of these CHINON made cameras under other brand names.

Hope this helps you sort out your situation and keep you filming,

in Super 8!

Best regards,

Martin Baumgarten