Good Story borad program for MAC?

Josh Phoenix

Im new to video and actually own a photography company(we just started getting into video). This board looks really good so I am glad that I can be part of this community. I hope I can contribute as much as take from the forum.

What I do in my business is mostly property videos so I usually use a dollyslide, do a bunch of transitions in the property then write a narrative to them afterwords. This is probably the most basic work you can do, but im getting good practice with the slides and movements of the camera.

I have a small business(a chiropractor) that wants me to do a short 30-45 sec commercial for there website and Ive never done anything like this. Im assuming the story will be pretty straight forward, and i do have some knowledge of composing shots due to my photography.

What I really need help with is a program for storyboarding on a APPLE computer.

Im assuming the way you would engage the client before shooting is to make a story board and then review it with the client?

Im brand new so any help is appreciated

I appreciate that, I may give that a try. This client has already chosen me. Now its really just about making sure the story I want to do is matching his expectation. Also Im still going to need to build the story before shooting, so I would still like to start getting the hang of some of these techniques.

Another way you can do it if you're not good at drawing and want a very good pictures for the shots: If you have a copy of "The Sims 2", you can recreate real-life settings, create Sim representations of your characters and then use the in-game screen capture ability to create the shots and then edit them in a photo editor to match what it is your going for. The more games you use, the more shots you can create.

You can try Celtx, it's free, a pretty useful program. Not only for scripting,shot lists,etc, but if you have pics you can drag/drop them to create a storyboard.

www.celtx.com

hope that helps

Stussey

www.masscontrolmedia.com

stussey@masscontrolmedia.com