Cinematography courses in UK

tanzeel ur rahman abbasi

• 1 year later...

I would suggest you look into Ravensbourne and Farnham Institute

http://www.ucreative.ac.uk/article/30684/Course-Search-Results?terms=Farnham&Campus=Farnham&srchTerm=

I haven't studied at either but both have been recommended to check out. Good Luck and your year's experience in 35mm will put you in a very strong position so don't under estimate your lack of formal qualifications.

There are things to consider. All the universities are different.

Westminster course structure concentrates 95% on film related aspects and 5% TV, however it's in Harrow. Whereas Bournemouth from my research has a heavy emphasis on television production.

Facilities in UCLAN have a good reputation and it seemed quite flexible on allowing you to persue whatever direction you want to take.

MET film school looked very good but you need 20,000 quid a year over two years.

• Premium Member

I have no idea why anyone would want to do a cinematography course in the UK. What would it possibly qualify you to shoot? What's the best expression of British cinematography right now? Doctor Who? I suppose if you have a lot of clients in mind who are clamouring for things to look like they were shot in the USA in about 1993...

And to pay 20,000 a year for it, you'd have to be suffering from

P

• 2 months later...

I studied at the UCA based in Farnham Surrey on the film production course and was able to use film (16mm) on 3 different projects and have been shown around the Arri and Panavision departments which the cinematography lecturers have good contacts with. it is a brilliant course and I am graduating this year and am working for a film production company based in central london already also i know people from my course that have found work in pinewood and shepperton studios. Also yes people have got jobs in New York which i thought i would state as phil is such a extreme fan of the USA and its fantastic film industry. I myself would love to get more experience in any part of cinematography as i know its a hard profession to get into and as Storaro states (in some words) "im always learning new things from cinematography, as like other art its a constant flow of work that constantly changes" and this is how i want to work and i would love to work with any one for free to gain as much experience as i possibly can and possibly eventually get a job in the industry and slowly work my way up.

I am sorry about my grammar and spelling as I am severely dyslexic.

thanks

RIchard staff

staff.richard@gmail.com

• 2 months later...

I have no idea why anyone would want to do a cinematography course in the UK. What would it possibly qualify you to shoot? What's the best expression of British cinematography right now? Doctor Who? I suppose if you have a lot of clients in mind who are clamouring for things to look like they were shot in the USA in about 1993...

And to pay 20,000 a year for it, you'd have to be suffering from

P

I pay 3k.

Plenty of British Cinematographers, Deakins doing James Bond at the moment for example.

• 5 months later...