CAC file

Ken Minehan

Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing a CAC file in to the HPX3700 varicam. The lens is the canon HJ14ex4.3.

I have downloaded the appropriate file from the Panasonic site, transferred the file to an SD card, placed the SD card in to the HPX3700, gone to "CAC file card read", then clicked on title read, but nothing seems to come up. Am i doing something wrong?

If anybody has had success in installing the CAC file to a varicam, i would love to hear from you.

Thank you.

Ken Minehan

• 3 months later...

Hi, Ken,

I just had the same problem with my new 3700. I found that I had to reformat an SD card in the camera before putting the CAC file on the card. Using the previously-formatted card I had used for scene files wasn't good enough. Give that a try.

David Coleman

Yep, thanks David. I eventually worked it out. I asked one of the distributors (who happens to be a Panasonic HD Guru) and he told me to:

Step1 : copy the “private” folder into the SD card

Step 2: insert the SD card into the camera

Step 3: go to menu – File –CAC card read – select the correct no. of file – read

Step 4: go to maintenance – CAC Adj – yuo can confirm the lens model no is there.

Ken