Light meter calibration

Sekonic has no means to repair their own meters?

There was a gentleman who used to run a small company called Empire who did meters in NYC. He moved his operations to NJ some time ago. Maybe 15 years. I think Springfield. But haven't used him in some time.

I use to send a Spectra Classic analog meter to him as that meter was very fragile. But it was oh so graceful.

If you can't find him or he is no longer in business then I would say you need to go west.

There is a place called Essex camera in Moonachie NJ near Giants Stadium that repairs still cameras. Don't know if they do meters but maybe worth a shot. They have repaired my Widelux in the past.

Best

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Back in day when I was on the East Coast, I used Empire in NYC with satisfactory results. As was noted before they are in NJ now.

Empire Exposure Meter Service

124 Briar Hills Cir

Springfield, NJ 07081

(973) 376-6036

Out here on the West Coast, I've used Quality Light-Metric and occasionally Spectra in Burbank for Spectra products. If you don't want to use Sekonic, I'd probably box it up well and send to Quality.

• 3 years later...

Spectra Cine, Inc.
3607 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505,
U.S.A.

Contact Jose Najar

For calibrations and converting the Spectra Pro Classic P 251 to low light with new slides

Quality Light Metric Co

7095 Hollywood Blvd Ste 550

Los Angeles, CA.

Call them at (323) 467-2265

Edited by Paulian A Morris