Company Structure in the Film Industry

Oleg Koryakov

Hello everybody,

I'm doing a special project for my Business Class and i need some help with understanding:

What is the Company Structure in the Film Industry(Cinematography) look like?

How many members are often involved in making a wide-frame film? What is the job for each of them?

Can you please show me an organisation chart, who is the main cheesecake and s.n.

Thank you in advance.

Hello everybody,

I'm doing a special project for my Business Class and i need some help with understanding:

What is the Company Structure in the Film Industry(Cinematography) look like?

How many members are often involved in making a wide-frame film? What is the job for each of them?

Can you please show me an organisation chart, who is the main cheesecake and s.n.

Thank you in advance.

Good morning, Oleg!

That's a VERY big question you're asking and is nearly impossible to answer in this limited internet-forum format. I urge you to take a look at the book "What I Really Want to Do: On Set in Hollywood" which lays out and explains EVERY department and EVERY job that exists on set in the professional industry. Everything you want to know is there. :)

• 4 weeks later...

One great resource I depend on is a book by Harry Box called "The Set Lighting Technician's Handbook." I've gotten more mileage out of that manual than any other text boox I have found, and the first chapter is all about the departments on set that fall under the umbrella of the cinematographer.