chrislockerman

Zeiss PL 16mm lenses

Hello All,

It's been quite a while since my last post, but this site has always been very helpful to me and I hope to once again glean some of the vast knowledge featured here. I have a set of zeiss PL mount super 16mm lenses that don't get as much use as I would like so I am considering modifying a 7D or other DSLR so I can use them more frequently on smaller shoots. What are some of your thoughts for something like this?

Thanks so much!

-Chris

Won't work. The 7D is an APS-C sensor, or better put S35mm sized. That being said, a S16mm lens will vignette on it on the wide end. I have some S16mm primes, and if memory serves right, all of them short of the 25mm vignetted like mad.

Now if you only plan on using the long end of your zooms, go right a head, as you can see the vignetting etc, but if you're hoping for wide lenses... well you'll need to get some 35mm glass.

A better bet, and the most economical, would be to look into Compact Primes, while expensive on a DSLR budget, they're quite affordable for cine-like lenses.

Another option would be to look into Lomo lenses which have been re-housed PL, however the prices for all PL glass is much inflated due to high demand these days.