need help for a school project

Hi guys.

I am about to shoot a music video as a school project. It will be a single shot,(POV); the camera will be preaty still as well, so I am looking for various effects ,lighting wise, I can use for the background.

The director told me a couple of times that he wants me to create something as close as possible to "sun being covered up by clouds and then coming up again", and I am pretty stuck on this one. any thoughts on how I may pull this one off.

Also, other ideas are more then wellcome.

The location is a hotel room (real one, not studio) and it will be a daytime shooting.

Thank you, Bogdan

Right, just returned from the location, I think it's one of the smallest hotel rooms i have ever seen; it's around 10 by 10 feet.

It 'll be the POV of a man who is laying in his bed, and he follows his girlfriend as she walks/ dances around the room

I intend on using a 7d, on this project, and regarding lighting equipement i have access to a 1.2k, and 575W HMI Fresnels some kinoflos 2 and 4 feet[4 bank and 2 bank, with dailignt and tungsten tubes], a 2k and a 5k Tungsten Fresnel.

If I understand you correctly, the sunlight is ambient and not key. Is that right?

How about throwing the 1.2 outside the window, a ways back with some diffusion and ND, then create the cloud effect by arcing nets into the beam, open-end first, and back out so you don't get a hard edge? You could come in from different angles to vary the effect, and even double up some nets, overlapping for a slight gradation.

Inside it depends on what you want for your key motivation and what kind of contrast ratio you're looking for. It might be nice having a couple practicals playing strong and have a kino overhead giving a little top light. Or maybe stick with kinos, have one overhead and have one playing in the bathroom with the door open to give side light that becomes more dominant when the daylight level drops. Mixing color temps would enhance the effect.

Yes, you're right. We're pretty much putting our money on overcast skyes - window on the sunny side of the hotel.

Regarding you advice, I would've never imagined such a simple solustion (at least ,to me, it seems simple).

I too have thought about combining color temps, but still I don't think it's enough.

Anyways, greatly appreciate your advice, Mike.

Other ideas, anyone?!?!

Thanks, Bogdan.