Ektachrome 7239

I recently bought a roll of the old Ektachrome 7239 stock. I know this goes through a VNF-1 process, which Yale Film and Video does, but can they run the 7239 stock? I've alternatively heard that you can process this stock through E-6 (maybe at Dwayne's?) and get ok results. Is this true? Has anyone shot 7239 recently, and what did you do?

I recently bought a roll of the old Ektachrome 7239 stock. I know this goes through a VNF-1 process, which Yale Film and Video does, but can they run the 7239 stock? I've alternatively heard that you can process this stock through E-6 (maybe at Dwayne's?) and get ok results. Is this true? Has anyone shot 7239 recently, and what did you do?

Yes, VNF-1 stocks can be processed in E6 and get acceptable results. I know you can't send it to dwayne's however - they are sticklers for it being the right process and will return VNF-1 unprocessed. I would suggest its very likely that Yale too process VNF-1 films in E6, but I don't know that for certain.

Check out

If you look at this guy's other videos, he has a huge collection of expired 8mm and 16mm videos, look through some of them to get an idea of what the older film is going to look like. Although you have to expect different results from any roll of expired film, the results possible are quite impressive.

From my experience with expired film, stop down and shoot with LOTS of light, a layer of fog is much less noticeable not if you are getting a properly exposed image.